- Disseminate information on activities, research and initiatives which will help decrease the incidence of depression and anxiety
- Foster constructive conversation in relation to mental wellbeing across the legal fraternity, medical, insurance and adjacent communities
- Communicate successful initiatives to support best practice
- Identify areas of duplicated effort (research, curriculum design, toolkits and cultural change initiatives) to promote more effective allocation of resources and that learnings are leveraged
- Promote innovative thought and strategic direction in the profession
- Be an incubator for new ideas and initiatives that support better mental health outcomes
Since 2006 we have presented the Annual Minds Count Foundation Lecture. The annual lectures were created to provide a forum for the legal community to come together and discuss the issues we face as a profession regarding depression and anxiety. These lectures are aimed at creating education and awareness while also finding strategies to help improve the lives of those working in or associated with the profession.